Thanking God for who He is according to Scripture:
- Thanking God for being our Possessor. “The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old” (Proverb 8:22).
- Thanking God for being our Qualifier. “Giving thanks to the Father, which hath made us meet to e partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light’ (Colossians 1:12).
- Thanking God for being our Redeemer. “For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” (Job 19:25).
- Thanking God for being our Savior. “For unto us is born this day in the city of David, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord” (Luke2:11).
- Thanking God for being our Teacher. “I will instruct you and teach you in the way thou shall go; I will guide you with mine eye” (Psalm 32:8).
I was looking at this picture that said, “Happy Thanksgiving.” It made me think of the many things I am happy about, and the things I have to be so thankful for: home, family, food, good health, and so on, and so on. But beyond those things, I am thankful to the One who blesses me with such blessings. That One is my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. For without Him, I would not have anything. He gives me everything I have. He deserves my utmost gratitude.
I also thought of you, my blog supporters. I thank Him for the inspiration I get from hearing from you on my blog. I appreciate your time and the comments you give. They bring joy and encouragement to my heart to keep on thanking God no matter what day, time, or season it is. You, visiting my blog inspire me. I just wanted to say, “thank you,” and have a very Happy Thanksgiving Day.
“I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,” (Philippians 1:3 KJV).
Many blessings to you and your families,
In God, I will keep on thanking Him for you.
Thanking God for who He is, according to Scripture:
- Thanking God, He is our Keeper. “The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand” (Psalm 121:5).
- Thanking God, He is our Life. “When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory” (Colossians 3:4).
- Thanking God, He is our Maker. “O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker” (psalm 95:6).
- Thanking God, He is The Never-ending God. “But thou are the same, and thy years shall have no end” (Psalm 102:27).
- Thanking God, He is our Owner. “For you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s” ( 1 Corinthians 6:20).
Thanking God for who He is, according to Scripture:
- Thanking God, He is our Father which are in heaven. “After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name” (Matthew 6:9).
- Thanking God, He alone is God. “Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any” (Isaiah 44:8).
- Thanking God, He is Holy. “Exalt ye the LORD our God, and worship at his footstool; for he is holy” (Psalm 99:5).
- Thanking God, He is Immortal. “Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen” ( 1 Timothy 1:17).
- Thanking God, He is Jehovah. “That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JE-HO-VAH, art the most high over all the earth” (Psalm 83:18).
Who are you in the ring of life with, trust or worry? This could be the fight of your life! Did you know trust and worry can never meet? They could never be friends, and never will be. Worry doesn’t solve anything. However, It can produce sickness, never alleviating your pain. Worry’s major is stomachache, headache, heartache, and sometimes even “the shakes.” But thanks be to God, trusting in Him gets rid of the worry with all its aches and quirks.
Trusting God is the remedy to worry, and not the other way around. Trust will keep us standing; worry will take us down. I encourage you as I do myself, pray for strength from God’s Word everyday. Continue to walk with faith in Him. Trust in Him at all times, and leave that worry behind. Trust sees the victory; worry does not. So, who wins this fight, worry or trust? The answer is easy if we’re in the ring with Jesus. Let us have no doubt, Jesus is the only “Contender” who can knock that worry out!
“Trust in the Lord at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah” ( Psalm 62:8 KJV).
In God, I will keep on thanking and trusting Him for the victory over worry. By Hertistine Washington/keeponthanking.com
“And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. and let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athrirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely” (Revelation 22:17 KJV).
“One day I heard a young man say, regarding prioritizing God’s presence, “just show up.” I must say, I was moved to the depths of my soul. This was a great reminder for me to keep on thanking God for “His” reminder to maintain focus on Him. There is nothing, nor anyone more important than God. If we show up for everything, and have not shown up for God, we’re missing the essence of life.
So brothers and sisters, family and friends, young and old, rich and poor, I encourage us all to do as that young man said, “just show up.” Don’t try to figure it out, show out, or give God instructions. Simply come to Him with the willingness and openness to receive. He will speak to our hearts. He will fill that empty vessel. He’s there. Wait on Him. Remember Jesus said, “Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me” (Mark 8:43 KJV). Lord, forgive us for not showing up to meet you as You would desire us to.
In God, I will keep on thanking Him for showing up for me. By Hertistine Washington/keeponthanking.com
There is no greater treasure than the Word of God. During this Thanksgiving Season I would like to share every Monday five Gratitude Gold Nuggets to thank God for who He is from A to Z, as supported by Scripture.
- Thanking God, He is Alpha and Omega: “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last” (Revelation 22:13).
- Thanking God, He is The Blesser: “The Lord bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make His face to shine upon thee and be gracious unto thee” (Numbers 6:24).
- Thanking God, He is The Comforter: “I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you” (John 14:18).
- Thanking God, He is Our Defence: “My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart” (Psalm 7:10).
- Thanking God, He is Everlasting: “Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen” (Psalm 141:13).