Thanking God for who He is, according to Scripture:
- Thanking God, He is our Father which are in heaven. “After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name” (Matthew 6:9).
- Thanking God, He alone is God. “Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any” (Isaiah 44:8).
- Thanking God, He is Holy. “Exalt ye the LORD our God, and worship at his footstool; for he is holy” (Psalm 99:5).
- Thanking God, He is Immortal. “Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen” ( 1 Timothy 1:17).
- Thanking God, He is Jehovah. “That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JE-HO-VAH, art the most high over all the earth” (Psalm 83:18).